There are a number of events and activities happening on campus. While our school calendar is full of clubs, athletic competitions and field trips, the most important dates and events can easily be missed. Detailed below are short explanations of major events this year on campus. On the right hand side are the dates of these events in chronological order.
Celebratory and Community Events
- Our homecoming football game is against XX followed that night by our homecoming dance.
- Beyond homecoming, a winter formal and spring fling dance have been scheduled for XXX
- There are three athletic award ceremonies, one after each sport season. These are scheduled for November, March and June.
- The Junior/ Senior Prom is scheduled for XXX, tickets go on sale in XXX.
- The date for graduation has yet to be set, but the SHS administration is working with district leadership to set a date in mid-May.
- Parent in Touch day (PIT Day) is scheduled for September XX and March XX.
- The MYP Personal project occurs on XXX XX, is the capstone project for all tenth grade students.
- Final exams for students in grades 10 and 11 occur on June XX.
- IB Diploma exams for seniors begin on May XX and extend to XXX.
Art, Music and Theatre
- The fall and spring music concerts are always a highlight and will occur this year on XXX.
- Our theatre performances highlight creativity and XXX. This year's plays are XXX and XXX held on XXX and XXX respectively.
- Our IB Diploma Art Show is the highlight for seniors where they showcase their entire portfolio. This event si held on April XX.
- Payment for Week Without Walls is due by XXXX.
- Fall break (October xx-xx), winter break (December xx- January xx) and spring break (April xx-xx).